- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT AND NUDITY. While birth is beautiful, it is also messy and real. You should expect nudity when viewing the entries.
- Winners of the 2021 International Association of Professional Birth Photographer Awards have been announced
- It’s an Annual competition celebrates the beauty of birth photography around the world across five categories.
We are so pleased that IAPBP has allowed us to re-share these images with you and to the talented photographers and beautiful families for sharing these breathtaking moments – we thank you.
2021 Image Competition: https://birthphotographers.com/2021-birth-photography-image-competition/
International Association of Professional Birth Photographers: http://birthphotographers.com/
Award recipients were selected across five categories – labor, delivery, postpartum, birth details and fresh 48 – by a panel of industry experts.
“Despite hundreds of birth photographers worldwide having lost a majority of their work and income in 2020 due to the global pandemic, we are incredible thankful for and proud of the entrants of this year’s competition. In spite of the hardships we endured as a community, this competition represents the resilience birth photographers have shown to overcome unforeseen challenges.” – IAPBP
Judge’s 2021 Competition Winners
First place (Overall)
– ARTIST – Ashley Marston of Ashley Marston Photography– IMAGE -“Daddy’s Girls”- LOCATION -Canada
Best in birth details
Charlene Förster of Charlene Förster Fotografie “The Origin Of Life” Germany
Best in fresh48
– ARTIST – Jami Edgar of Touch of Hart Photography “Nourish” United States
Best in labor
– ARTIST – Dana Jacobs of Dana Jacobs Photography “Reach Down. He’s Almost Here.” United States
Best in delivery
– ARTIST – Anne Lucy Silva Barbosa of Anne Lucy Fotografia “The Greatest Love In The World” Brazil
Best in post partum
– ARTIST – Hanna Hill of Hanna Hill Photography “My Body, My Birth” United States
Lastly, As a photographer for the past 6 years, which included Births I can imagine some of the challenging circumstances the entrants found themselves in and I’m so in awe of the photographs they’ve taken. I’ve taken the time to look through some of the most amazing birth imagery from the entrants to choose my own favourite – so raw and real and birth in all it’s glory. I keep coming back to this one, It takes me back to my own births and that peaceful time between you and your baby once they are finally here, the euphoria of holding your brand new baby after the labor is like time stands still.
Our Favourite (also awarded Members Choice Best in Delivery)
Danny Merz ofdanny merz | geburtsreportage “Grace” Germany