Catching every drop of precious breast milk is so important to today’s modern mumma. Instead of your breast milk being soaked up by your breast pads, our breast milk saver is a helpful device that collects breast milk – and it’s completely silent. Simple attach it to one breast, while you’re feeding or pumping from the other breast.
Best used to catch your breast milk from the opposite breast (let down), to relieve engorged breasts, to pump the remainder of breast milk after feeding.
- Simple and easy to use, No assembly required – A hands-free way of collecting breast milk
- Lightweight and compact design – Small enough to pop in your nappy bag
- Spill proof lid included
- Accommodates different breast sizes
- Suction base to prevent it from being knocked over once full
- Holds up to 90ml of breast milk
- 100% Food grade silicone
- Free of BPA, Lead & Phthalates
- Silicone stopper airtight seal design retains the beneficial properties of breast milk
- Safe to use in microwaves (up to 230 degrees), boiling water, dishwashers (top rack) and sterilisers
Whether it’s our breast milk saver or collection shells, we aim to help you capture every drop of your breast milk, which can then be used for other feeds.
What’s the difference between the breast milk saver and the breast milk collection shells?
The breast milk saver relies on suction to help with letdown and hold it in place on the nipple. Collection shells fit neatly into your bra and have an opening for the nipple, capturing any breast milk that leaks from your breast while you’re feeding on the other side.
ASSEMBLY & USE
- Before first use: Wash in warm soapy water and sterilise.
- Cover nipple and breast area with your collector. Your nipple should be positioned inside the neck and feel comfortable
- To initiate suction, Gently squeeze the centre of the breast milk collector and place over your breast to form an airtight seal
- Slowly release your Breast Milk Saver, it should be suctioned to the breast ready to catch your precious breast milk. If the Breast Milk Saver does not suction properly repeat these steps again. It may take a few attempts to get the desired suction.
- Breast milk will be collected once your let down begins. If you experience a loss of suction during use, Repeat the initial instruction steps and gently squeeze the unit to re-establish suction.
- Once your collector is full or you have stopped feeding, release by gently squeezing the flange area while holding the bottom of the collector.
- Pour your expressed breast milk into storage bag or container. Do not store breast milk in your breast milk saver.
Caution: Only milk collected during breastfeeding should be saved using a sterile container. If the milk is not fed to your baby right away, immediately place the container into the refrigerator and use following the Australian Breastfeeding Association guidelines.
ADVICE FOR PROPER USAGE
- The breast milk saver is not a substitute for a breast pump, It works by suctioning to the breast to create a seal so that milk from a letdown or a leaking breast can be collected without spillage.
- The best time to use your Breast Milk Saver is during a feed when your baby is feeding from your opposite breast. It is recommended that you encourage a let-down before attaching the Breast Milk Saver to your breast.
- The Breast Milk saver is safe to attach to your breast and you should only feel the suction. The Breast Milk Saver should not cause any pain. If you experience any pain remove it immediately by squeezing the base of the unit to release suction. You may need to adjust how much you are squeezing the unit several times until you find your desired level of suction.
- You do not need to squeeze the saver like you would a manual pump – Continuous pressure and suction on the breast could possibly damage breast tissue.
- It is recommended the Breast Milk Saver is used for no longer than 10-15 minutes on the breast at one time to ensure there is not too much pressure or suction on the breast tissue.
- Washing- Before first use: Wash in warm soapy water and sterilise.
- After each use: Rinse in cool or warm water to remove any breast milk residue follow by washing up in warm soapy water, sterilize by placing in steam steriliser or boiling water
- Please do not use abrasive cleaning agents or solvents.
- Drying- Allow the Breast Milk Saver to air dry in a clean area.
- Storage- Store dry in a clean area or clean, closed container when not in use, our of sunlight. Do not store wet or damp.
- Check your silicone breast saver regularly, replace if there are any signs of damage
- Do not store near sharp objects
- Soft bristle/sponges should be used when cleaning
- Children can choke on small objects if left unattended – always use under supervision and keep your stopper out of reach of children
- This is not a toy
- Please only use the breast milk saver for it’s intended purpose